Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shape Shifter: Wk. 1---I huff and I puff...

The Goal: To Run a 5K
This week I started off with a bang and then fizzled out.
Weapon of choice: Elliptical Machine

Monday---MLK holiday...went to the gym when I finally rolled myself out of bed. I completed 30 minutes on the elliptical, doing 'hills'.
Tuesday---Awoke at 5am to head to the gym and completed another 30 minutes on the elliptical, again choosing 'hills' because it made me work the hardest.
Wednesday---Repeat of Tuesday.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Today---nothing, but I still worked out three more days than I did the week before!
I received a running training plan from a friend and will begin it this week. I will walk 4 minutes and run 1 minute...repeating 3 times...and completing 3 times during the week. Goal is to work out 5Xs this week---on the days I am not doing the running plan, I will complete some other form of exercise.
Concerning pictures of my 'finished product'...ummm...a pic of me at 5am, drenched in sweat, face as red as a cherry...not something that will be posted. I don't know everyone, but I surly don't hate you and will not choose to subject you that!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I am most impressed by the fact that you worked out on a holiday. Right now, I am working out 0 days a week, but even when I do, I always think of holidays as bonus days.

    ReplyDelete