Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bring It: Because I am easily influenced to join others

So I initially thought I would do this on my becoming a world famous cake designer. I was going to sign up for the cake decorating class and before long people would want to hire me to design elaborate cakes, I would quit my job, win a few Cake Challenges on the Food Network, and be on my way to working with Duff at Charmed City Cakes and featured on Ace of Cakes.

And then I realized that it really didn't fit into my schedule or my new years resolutions this year and I had to come up with something else. So I decided to spin my New Years Resolutions into something to Blog about. One of my resolutions is to get my real estate license by March. But that is rather boring and dull to blog about. My second is to complete the P90X training with my brothers and the third one I'm not really comfortable talking about on this blog were people like my Grandma might read it. (Hi Grandma!) But if you would like to find out what it is and follow my progress you can go to Goals! Sorry Megan I know you were hoping but I just can't do it... people might get the wrong idea about what kind of girl I am.


The Goal: To complete the 90 day P90x Program.


The Contender: A single, recently turned (gulp) 30, Assistant Property Manager, who will soon be in better shape than when she was a girl of 20.


The Plan: To follow the 90 day program to the letter. This includes every workout, the eating plan, and everything else it entails. I will blog about the workouts, the successes, the failures (because I'm sure I'll have plenty) and since I'm following the food plan I'll even post some healthy recipes on here. Things I will not be doing. I will NOT post my starting weight, inches, or those dreadful before pictures of me in my bathing suit because that does not need to be on the Internet ever! We'll see about the after pictures. But for now I will just give you vague ideas of my progress.

Background: I originally planned on running a half marathon in April. I've run a few 10k's and a marathon relay. Turns out I really don't like to run though. I get bored easily and with it being so cold I really don't like running outside and a treadmill makes me want to tear my hair out. So on Sunday my brother, Justin, and I saw an infomercial for P90x and he said he wanted it... it didn't take long for him to convince myself, Cameron, and Justin's girlfriend Jenna to go in on it and all of us do it together. See easily convinced!


And when our little project is turned into a movie I will be played by Jennifer Aniston. Not that I really think I look like her but I have hopes that I will be a little closer when I am finished.

And who knows... I could fail miserably at this. And when I do I will go back to decorating cakes...




3 comments:

  1. Doesn't Grandma read your other blog, too? Just thinking out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Grandma was a faithful blog reader. Hi Grandma! I'm excited to see how you like P90X. I've heard of it in passing, but don't really know much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I bookmarked them for her. I'm not sure she actually knows how to find them or read them.
    And truthfully I just felt like it was too skanky to blog and what if I fail miserably at it? Not that I won't at this but you know...

    ReplyDelete