Monday, January 18, 2010

Mother Bird: Because I Couldn't Come Up with Anything Better

So I was really impressed by all of the other authors of this blog who look like beautiful famous people, but since people don't get famous by looking like me, I was having a little trouble thinking of an actress to play me in the pretend movie of this blog. I’ve never seen the show, but I thought that it would be kinda funny and self-deprecating to choose America Ferrera, star of “Ugly Betty,” to play me. But when I started googling images of her sans braces and bangs I discovered two things: 1) She actually does kind of look like me, except that 2) she’s cuter than me. *curses*














Anyway, I set a few goals for myself this year and I thought it might be fun to diversify and pick something non-food related, but somehow I couldn’t really see myself blogging about my efforts to smell better (not that I totally stink…anymore; I was just hoping to use up some of the scented lotions and perfumes people have given me over the years) or my goal to read all of the Relief Society lessons. I thought about setting a goal to hone my pie-making skills, but I caught wind that someone else might be doing that and I would much rather glean whatever I can from her posts than do it myself. Plus, my husband is already getting into cakes and we didn’t really make any exercise goals to balance out all the treats.

With that in mind, I decided to set a goal that really would make my life better every day and since I spend what seems like the majority of my time and energy planning meals and feeding them to my husband and two small children, this is what I’ve decided to do:



-Every Sunday I will come up with a dinner plan for each night for the rest of the week. I've done this off and on for most of my married life and my life has gone so much easier when I've done it consistently. I think it's time to cement the habit in place. I don’t really have any intention of posting my dinner menu on the blog. I don’t think that all of you need to know how often we eat things like pancakes and cold cereal for dinner.



-Each week I will try at least one new recipe and give a report on this blog. I have tons of recipes stashed away that I’ve been meaning to try, so hopefully this will help me to pull myself out of my most recent dinner funk and add lots of fun, new recipes to my repertoire and hopefully, to yours.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you do look like America Ferrera. Well done, Mother Bird, well done. Also, I think the picture of the birds is particularly funny because I know your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you do look like America Ferrera! (and just as cute!) No worries about the pasta maker. I'll have my family bring it when they come.

    ReplyDelete