Monday, January 18, 2010

Pasta Mama: Because I have sworn off of treats...













Me (and the hubs).

First off, I know that Charlize Theron is 10 times prettier than I am, however I would still pick her to play me if our cooking project ever gets turned into a movie. A girl can dream (ahem, pretend), right? Now that I got that off my chest, let's move on to the purpose of "Pasta Mama". I have never (that's right, never) in my life of 25 years made homemade pasta. But I LOVE homemade pasta. I even have a pasta machine (machine? is that what it's called? pasta maker, maybe?) that we got for our wedding...three years ago. I've decided that it's time to turn over a new leaf in my life. A pasta making leaf.

(Here's the part where I copy Megan...or Julie...or someone anyway.)

The Goal: Make a new type of homemade pasta every week for the next year. I will find recipes online, in cookbooks, and maybe sometimes (when I have more experience), I may make up some of my own.

The Contender: A 25 year old wife, and mother of 1, who lives in Southern California, goes to Disneyland for play group, and is trying really really hard to avoid sweets. Well, for the next month anyway. No promises after that.

The Reason: At first I thought I would do a new kind of cookies every week. But then I thought that that would really hinder my goal of losing 5 pounds before Valentine's Day - it would probably make me gain 20 pounds in the next year instead. Not only that, but trying to feed a picky 18 month old anything BUT cookies is also a goal of mine. It so happens that she DOES love pasta, and so pasta, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I am excited to see how your project goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I'm excited that Sarah is going to be a part of this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'll mail you your pasta maker in the morning.... Sorry I kept it so long!

    ReplyDelete