Sunday, January 17, 2010

Camp Cupcake: It was either this, or start collecting cats














I began baking my way through the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook on July 31, when I realized that the things I most wanted control over, like my career and my dating life, were the things that I had the least control over. The thing I had the most control over was coconut cupcakes and seven-minute frosting. And, admittedly, I got a rush when I took them to friends who raved about them.

The Goal: Every recipe in the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook, minus any recipes that call for coffee, tea, or alcohol, in one year.

The Contender: A 28-year-old Ph.D. student who divides her time between her job, her dissertation, and stress-baking in a kitchen that makes Julie Powell's look spacious.

The Plan: Six recipes a month for the next seven months. 35 down, 39 to go. And when it's all over, Keiko Agena and Ana Gasteyer as Megan and Martha.

2 comments:

  1. I demand a picture of Megan to compare with Keiko! Everyone else's picks for who will play them in the movie version are very fitting. I dig it.

    ReplyDelete