Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shape Shifter: I AM READY!!

Last night I went for a run on my own...which is very boring once you have gotten used to having a buddy to run with. I decided to use this as a chance to just run and see how far I could go. I even made a run up the wheel chair ramps...just for a little incline work. I truly think that I could have continued running, but for some reason, the fact that I ran 3.5 miles kind of freaked me out. My Nike+ actually said 3.69...but there is a small discrepancy between mine and my running buddy. I wanted to make sure that I made it to 3.5, so I just ran a little further. Anyhow...it has been probably six years since I have run any type of distance at all and when I saw the mileage it is almost like I thought I should stop...don't want too much of a good thing...or something?? I have no clue. I was very excited that I am ready for a 5K---even a little earlier than our training program would have suggested. But now I have the question of 'just how far can I run?' stuck in my head. As soon as we have completed our 5K I am going to start training for a 10K. I know that most of running is 'all in your head'. I guess I am grateful to have had so many things to mull over in my mind as I run. :) So, I am 'officially' ready!

2 comments: