Monday, May 3, 2010

Camp Cupcake: Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

We had Thanksgiving in May. Allison called it Maynksgiving. It was a potluck affair, but, impressively, she roasted an entire turkey.

I offered to bring dessert, knowing that it would be cupcakes, despite the fact that Thanksgiving usually means pie. Cupcakes have never been a part of my family's Thanksgiving tradition. But lemon meringue pie is. My mother is famous, at least in my family, for two pies: banana cream, and lemon meringue. And she does a superb job of both.

My mom loves all things lemon. If I could, I would have waited to make these for her. I think, at some point, I still will.

They are an impressive little cupcake. There's a lemony cake base with lemon curd filling and a seven-minute frosting top that you brown, either with a blowtorch or in the broiler. I think Martha thinks it's pretty impressive too, as it is one of the recipes from the book that is featured on her website. Here's the link. Prepare to be wowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment