Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pasta Mama: Artichoke Ravioli with Tomatoes

I know, I know, I have not posted anything since my first pasta recipe. But I am happy to note that my pasta maker made it here from Utah and I FINALLY used it! I did do a couple of new pasta recipes before this one (one being a baked mac n' cheese which turned out to be a funny consistency - not worth posting). Last week, however, I decided to pull out the big guns, and I spent 3+ hours making this Artichoke Ravioli with Tomatoes. It did take a whole afternoon, but I tell you, it was divine. It would probably have taken less time if I had had all the right tools (like a food processor and a cookie cutter for the ravioli - heck, even a pasta wheel may have been faster than my pizza cutter). The main problem with this one is that you have to make the dough in advance. I would say that if you make the dough around lunch time and stick it in the fridge (covered of course) you could pull it out an hour before you need it, then start on the ravioli filling and you could have it all done in 1 1/2 hours if you're lucky. That's for a first time. Let's hope it gets faster the second time, because I am making this again! But like I said, totally divine, and totally worth it. It calls for frozen artichokes, which make up the bulk of the filling. I love cheese ravioli, but this was a surprisingly refreshing way to eat pasta that normally leaves you feeling a little cheesed-out and a little sick. None of that here, just delightful, delicious ravioli with a fresh tomato sauce. Give it a go if you have a spare afternoon - it won't disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. Maria, those look so good! What was Brooklyn doing while you were making those? It seems like something she would want to be involved with.

    ReplyDelete