Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yoganista: Day 6 - Shooting at the walls of heartache. Bang! Bang!

There was a lot of glancing at the clock today. This class went by very slowly. I think it had something to do with my lack of sleep and motivation. It might also have had a little to do with our quick alternations from downward facing dogs to lunges and back (a la Zack Mayo in "An officer and a gentleman", unfortunately there was no fine Navy man in dress whites to sweep me off my feet as a reward for my efforts).



We continued our work on Warrior 2. Our teacher kept emphasizing how important it was for us to engage all of our energy loops continuously as we transitioned between moves (way easier said than done). She said we waste a significant amount of energy otherwise and lose the major benefits of our yoga practice. I saw yet another yoga-dissertation correlation in this little tidbit of info. You see, once I actually start researching or writing it's easy to keep going. The problem for me comes in the starting and stopping. Once I stop, good luck getting me going again and I've also spent an inordinate amount of time just avoiding the thing altogether.



So, that which is true for yoga is also true for writing a dissertation: Be ok with your best effort. Commit to a regular practice schedule. Thank yourself for the work you do each day. If it hurts a little bit, you are probably doing it right.


SBD: 0 L&P: 0

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. I think, from now on, every post I do is going to include a picture of a good-looking man.

    ReplyDelete