Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bring It: Core Synergistics

In the last week and a half I feel like my whole world (okay my work related world) has been turned upside down. There have been some major changes going on in my job. (Why I thought Real Estate would be a good place field to go into when the economy just stinks I'll never know!) But I realized something. No matter how much I really didn't want to. No matter how tired I was from lack of sleep from stressing. No matter how much I wanted to eat that ice cream. And no matter how un-motivated I felt in the beginning. Getting up at 5:00 (4:45 on Yoga days) might have been the only thing that kept me from completely falling apart. And while I feel like things are still a little unsettled at work and out of my control this is something I can control.

On Monday's we do something called Core Synergistics. It's a love/hate relationship with this workout. For one the name Core Synergistics is just scary! It focuses on your core which of course is what we all want. Nobody wants the muffin top or the pouch. And we all want a strong back. However, to get that Tony has you doing crazy things like rolling around on the floor from "superman" to "banana" and "prison cell push-ups" which are push ups that you bring a knee in between the 1st and 2nd push up do a 3rd push up and then come back to your feet. The only thing that gets me through this work out is the fact that it's timed and you do as many as you can. If he told me I had to do 25 of those stupid push ups I would probably quit. On the bright side this is my 3rd week and I can definitly tell a difference. The work out was a little easier and the love/hate relationship is slowly becoming more of a love relationship.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I actually watched a part of one of those workouts last night, and I have a whole new appreciation for what you are going through. It made me want to eat some chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Maybe you should do one. Then you think I didn't go through that pain and that misery to eat a bag of chips. I think that's the plan to make you work so hard you feel awful about eating the chips.

    ReplyDelete