Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tonganterror: P90X Bring it!





















     So, let me just begin by stating that I am going to bring it.  It's basically already brought.  Like, of all the things that could have been brought, this is definitely one.  My P90X journey begins tomorrow, and Tony Horton has already convinced me that "Bringing It!" is all I ever really needed to know (and no, I didn't learn that in Kindergarten).  


     Let me begin by telling you a little about me.  I am a 28 year old law student.  My undergraduate degree was in guitar (yes, you can actually major in that, and yes, it actually is a real degree, and yes it is rather hard, and yes, I honestly thought I might get a job when I got out of school, and yes, I actually did have one, and yes, you can still go to law school with that degree, and yes I am doing so).  I am a Tongan, and have inherited a healthy appetite as well as a rather large frame, which, after two stressful jobs after college, I have filled out quite nicely.  I was at the doctor's office one day getting weighed in and the digital scale read 410.65 pounds.  I was shocked, but only sort of, because I had noticed that standing in the line at Wal-Mart was getting much more difficult than it should have been.  


     I began a journey that day almost 2 years ago to lose weight.  I am now 55 pounds lighter (365 for the math wizzes in the crowd), but not even half way of where I want to be.  I am an avid swimmer (though much slower than the old ladies at the pool), and I have hit a plateau.  After seeing many transformations of good friends with P90X, I, the Tonganterror, have decided to "BRING IT!".  


     Day 1prime:  When my roommate and I first got "the P90X", we immediately started watching the video, from the comfort of our desk chairs in my room.  We weren't quite ready to "bring it".  The screen flashes, some ripped dude is posing in a ridiculous way and then Tony begins laying down the smack about how this workout coming up is going to tear me apart.  The bright red words "BRING IT!" flash on the screen and I suddenly felt like I needed to bring something somewhere and I was hooked. 


     Night 1 Prime:  Fired up by the amazing awesomeness of watching just a few minutes of the "X", we cruised on in to Academy sports and window shopped for equipment.  We settled on $10 walmart yoga mats (...not from the women's section though...ok, they were from the women's section).  We went home and did the workout.  We cried like the little girls who should have bought the yoga mats.  


     Our little preview has inspired me to bring it in every aspect of my life and things are getting interesting.  Tomorrow is the beginning of the actual program and Camp Cupcake has invited me to document the journey here at Challengers of the Unknown for any who may wish to follow my adventures as I "bring it".  Buckle up.  Oh and by the way, the Rock is totally gonna play me in the movie that will inevitably be made of this entire blog.  (He's going to need a fat suit).

4 comments:

  1. Bring it dude. I'll be waiting for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of you for finally owning your Tonganness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pet Tongan is a stuuuuuud! even if he does buy womans yoga mats and cry like a little girl. I laughed hard at the post and can't wait to see more. love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Charlie! Good luck, I know you can do it. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete