Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yoganista - Day 3: Delayed

Ok, ok, I'm behind again. It didn't help that my third yoga class had to be delayed because I woke up sick that morning. No, I wasn't faking it to avoid yoga. I actually cancelled clients (a first for me) that day and stayed holed up in my apartment watching season 10 of Law and Order SVU. A pretty good day overall, after the nausea and digestive issues ceased later in the day. Then lo and behold the next day was a half day at work due to snow. Happy January to me!



Nothing too exciting happened during this yoga class. It was still a lot more instruction and I didn't leave feeling like I had a great workout, just a bit stretchier. No doubt due to the new position we learned: Supta Padangusthasana. It looks like this:





After doing this stretch on one leg it feels longer than the other. Then you repeat it on the other leg. This stretch is supposed to help prepare you for downward facing dog. I was pulling so hard on the strap to keep my leg in the air that my hands were cramping. A the end of class our teacher let us know that hand cramps means you were doing it wrong. Oops. I'll keep practicing.

Hopefully, sometime soon my Supta Padangusthasana will look like this:



Not!

Even though there were men in my make-up class: SBD: 0 and L&P: 0

1 comment:

  1. I find the second picture so disturbing that I cannot look away.

    ReplyDelete