Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shape Shifter: I've fallen...but I'll get up!



So, I have fallen off the proverbial wagon of 5K training for umm....the past month. I guess I took the month of February off for all of the romantic sappiness that is involved. Not that any of the involved me, but I wanted to have my agenda completely open just in case. HaHa!


I was thinking that perhaps I should change what I blog about. I just bought this Cooking Light cookbook with amazing pictures of what each entree is supposed to turn out like. I have bought the ingredients to several recipes and have made a commitment to cook more. So many of my fellow bloggers are posting these yummy pics of their creations and I could do the same. But something happened that changed my mind...


I used to never consider myself a competitive person, however, now I know better. I am not necessarily competitive with friends and those I love...what would be the point in that? However, when it comes to someone who I have any form of resentment for, I can be quite competitive. (Just some brutal honesty----I'm confessing to the world that I am not Molly). I have recently found out that someone I know has decided to run a 5K in 2010. Now, I have no hostility towards this person. They just seem to be this huge question mark, leaving me only to wonder, "What the heck happened?" And therein lies the resentment---of not knowing.

Here's the thing. I am not evolved enough to just let it go. I want to be the first one to run a 5K, that way it is not me who is 'following' the lead. I have no doubt that this person hasn't even got a clue that I have made this a goal for 2010...that would require some form of communication or interest, which there apparently has been neither of. To be clear, the goal itself is mine...it has been written on my New Year's resolutions (which I did not make this year) for the past several years. I have made it for no one else but myself. I have just found a little fuel for my 'stick with it' fire.

So in the words of Gene Autry, "I'm Back In The Saddle Again!"

1 comment:

  1. This has so many life applications! Thanks for sharing it. I hope it inspires the other people who have fallen down on their goals to come back.

    ReplyDelete