Monday, April 26, 2010

Tonganterror: Week 9 What We've Learned So Far

Week 9

I don't have much to say about the day to day of P90X anymore, so I decided to diverge from the usual format. Instead I wanted to blog about some of the things I noticed about being a P90Xer over the last 64 days....


1. People Don't Buy It


I was surprised when I began the program how many people looked at me like I had embarked in some new multi-level marketing company (or pyramid scheme). There are a lot of fears and frustrations associated with a daily workout schedule. Furthermore, there seems to be a lot of negative perceptions towards workout videos in general. So as we talked about the program and what we were doing, it seemed that many were unbelieving and generally bracing for our failure. The key to these communications seemed to be an undying ridiculous optimism. I lied to myself and them and basically did everything I could to stay excited about this program for the first week.


2. You Will Never Feel Good About "Pressing Play"


The most important thing about the program is to keep doing it. It is difficult, it takes forever, and it is everyday. The first few days of this workout, I felt like I was going to die. I wasn't happy about how bad I felt. I wondered if it was healthy for me to work so hard. I questioned whether I would even be able to do this, or if I was fit enough for the program. But I kept pressing that play button, and here I am. There were days when I felt like I didn't have time, or that I was sick or whatever number of reasons that seemed logical at the time. I just put in the disc for the day and started moving. I don't believe that I always "brought it", but those days were just to keep the habit going.


I believe today marks day 64 of the 90 day journey. I have committed to maintaining the workout schedule indefinitely at this point. I am excited to continue working and see the changes that will come. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment