Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Camp Cupcake: Coconut Chick Cupcakes


This was another one of those recipes where style could have replaced substance. However, the cupcake is a lemon-vanilla bean base, which, by itself, was pretty darn good. I had some leftover mini-cupcakes which I glazed with Martha's citrus glaze, and I got lots of compliments.

A word of advice: Martha advocates using candy that may be difficult for some people (like me) to find.
For the combs, I used Hot Tamales, instead of red Good 'N Plenty. For the eyes, I used blackberry jellybeans instead of black licorice whips. Also, because mine went to Relief Society, I made them more portable by leaving them in the liners, rather than putting them on plates. For this reason, my chicks do not have feet.

I was satisfied with the results and would highly recommend them for a spring party, an Easter function, or a baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment