Thursday, October 14, 2010

Camp Cupcake: On and off the exercise wagon

After boldly declaring to the world (or the 9 followers of this blog) that I was going to be consistent in my efforts to eat well and exercise, I have exercised a grand total of twice.

Which I still maintain is better than zero.

Thursday morning (one week ago) I got up and did my Cardio Hula with Kili video. Unlike Charlie, I do not have any islander blood in me, and it was a bit of a workout. I felt good all day.

Then, my friend Kim came into town. We had an awesome time, as evidenced by this post. However, I did not exercise that whole time. Unless, of course, you count all the walking we did around campus, to and from our parking spot at the football game, around Olympic Park, and inside IKEA. And I probably shouldn't count that, since the rest of the trip was spent eating at places like Cafe Rio, Brick Oven, Kneaders, Panda Express, and Mini's Retro Cafe.

So, Wednesday night, I decided I needed to go for a run. I called up my friend Anne, who, coincidentally, was about to go running by herself. Shortly thereafter, we ended up at Orem High, where we ran just under four miles around the track. Again, it felt good. And I was reminded that it is infinitely easier to run when you have someone to run with--particularly if that person lets you use those four miles to complain about your life. Thanks for that, Anne.

Now, I am sitting in my office, about to go home. I know that, when I get home, I should go for a run. At the same time, there is that part of me that is trying to talk myself out of it because it has already been a long week and I want to go home, put on my pj's, and go to bed. The beauty of this blog is that if I write here that I should go home and go for a run, I am much more likely to actually do that than if I kept my thoughts to myself. We'll see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment