Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pie Are Squared: Mama's Fresh Raspberry Pie


I was really excited about this pie. It ended up being good, but not amazing. Which surprised me because when I was mixing the lemon zest in with the raspberries, it smelled so wonderful I could hardly stand it. We ate this pie with vanilla bean ice cream, which was a perfect complement.
In the middle of preparing the pie, some friends invited us over to play games, so we brought along the pie to enjoy together. I had forgotten my camera, so my friend Emily graciously took a picture for me. Many of you probably know my friend Emily, perhaps more recognizable as Trisha:

Anyway, it was a fun night of fun pie. You should've been there.

Ratings:

Flavor: 8

Execution: 8

Difficulty: Easy, if you're okay with a double crust.

Overall rating: **** 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Raspberry pie with vanilla bean ice cream sounds pretty amazing. Coincidentally, we watched Napoleon Dynamite on Sunday, and Melanee mentioned that you were friends with the girl who played Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's pretty good with a bow staff.

    ReplyDelete