Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mayor Ham's Brown Sugar Peach Pie


Some friends, with whom we frequently hang out, called me out on the fact that I've been making pies for months and they had yet to have any. So I promised to provide some next time we saw them, which was last weekend.
I hope they enjoyed it, because I thought it was mighty tasty. Even though I just bought the peaches at Wal-Mart and they weren't super ripe, the pie turned out to be delicious. When I looked at the recipe, I thought it was pretty much just like an apple pie, but with peaches. So I wasn't particularly excited. But it was a great medley of fruitiness, spice, and buttery crust.
Not to mention we had fun hanging out.
Thanks to Camp Cupcake, Mother Bird, and The Emasculated Male for encouraging me to share the deliciousicity.

Ratings:

Flavor: 10

Execution: 10

Difficulty: Easy, plus you get to make a lattice!

Overall rating: ***** 5 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:

  1. I will add my testimonial here: this was a good pie. It was nice to get to taste a pie that you yourself were proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, this pie was so good! Far superior to the peach pie I had made a few weeks earlier. I have heard that it's harder to achieve a flaky crust with butter, but your crust was flaky and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not ashamed to admit I ate almost a third of this pie myself, because it would have gone bad if it remained unrefrigerated. I wish taking one for the team were always like this.

    ReplyDelete